Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Looking ahead--starting anew

"But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Gal. 3:13-14

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lam. 3:22-23

As I begin this new year and reflect on how the Lord has guided me through depression and anxiety over the last two years, I am constantly aware of His faithfulness and grace towards me. As this new year unfolded, I began to feel a deep sense of starting anew. The Lord has given me new joy, new hope, new vision, new energy. This is a new year, and a new decade. Our family will begin a new term of service in Kenya this summer.

I have also decided to start this new blog and begin journaling my thoughts and share parts of my life as a missionary wife and mother. My hope is that these entries will be an encouragement to you, as well as a window into the life of a missionary family.

That said, let me just update you on what is happening now with our family. Mike is heading to Kenya the first of February with a group of physicians from Southwestern Medical Clinic here in Michigan. They will be there for two weeks. Mike is very excited to be able to do orthopedic work again, and see his missionary and Kenyan colleagues.

I am beginning a new Beth Moore Bible study called "Breaking Free" at our church next week. I'll be one of the small group facilitators, and I'm very excited to be with this group of ladies again.

The kids are staying busy with school, homework, activities and friends. They continue to be excited about returning "home" to Kenya.

Thanks for your continued prayers and we will keep you updated!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment