Sunday, March 7, 2010

A new thing







"Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." Isaiah 43:18-19

My heart is incredibly full as I reflect on how the Lord has led our family through the past 2 years, and has given us confirmation to return to Kenya. He has definitely done a new thing in my heart as I continue to work on trusting Him and abiding in His Word. What felt like a wasteland in my spirit only months ago is now a stream of joy and gladness. My faith is being stretched, but in return I am learning to trust Him in ways I never have before. I know He isn't finished with me yet, and has "new things" for me to experience and do for Him.

Mike had a wonderful trip to Tenwek in February, and came back with many pictures and stories to tell us which made us even more anxious to return to our home in Kenya.(Above pictures were taken during Mike's trip.) We are continuing to makes plans to leave the U.S. in July, which is only 4 months away! As winter weather is passing, and we are enjoying warmer weather and the coming of spring, our whole family is definitely feeling the "winds of change."

We covet your prayers as we begin to set our sights on transitioning from the States to Kenya again. A few prayers requests are:

- For a good renter to rent our home in St. Joseph, Michigan for the time that we are in Kenya
- For our two oldest children, Steven and Melody, that they will be accepted to the missionary boarding school near Nairobi for the next school year
- For Mike as he continues working with Southwestern Medical Clinic and also support raising for our return to Kenya (we are currently in need of $3,500 a month in additional support)
- For Pam as she helps Mike with support raising and administrative responsibilities, and takes care of family and household needs for Kenya

If you would be interested in joining our support team, please drop us an e-mail at mike.chupp@wgm.org.

Pam for the Chupps

No comments:

Post a Comment