Sunday, June 6, 2010

Last two weeks in Michigan


It is Sunday evening, and before the work week starts in earnest and I begin sorting and packing again, I wanted to send out an update. First off, an answer to prayer from my last entry is that Melody was accepted to Rift Valley Academy and Steven is now #1 on the waiting list! We are hopeful that a spot will open up for him soon. Our support is coming in well, and we now only lack about $1,000/mo. in new support. We are also still in need of a renter for our home. God is good, and we know He will meet our needs at just the right time.

Last Sunday Mike was able to share with the children's program at First Church of God in St. Joseph, MI. This was a wonderful new opportunity, and they enjoyed Mike's pictures of Kenya and his gospel "illusions", which he really enjoys doing (see above picture). This Sunday (today) at Berrien Center Bible Church, where we have attended regularly, there was a special time of prayer for our family. Several friends gathered around us and prayed over us, for strength and protection over the coming days and months.

The kids finished up school this past week, and we are gradually saying our good-byes to friends at church and school. This next weekend (June 12-13) we will be in the Indianapolis area for a family reunion and to speak at Mike's home church in Mooresville. Then we head to Heritage Baptist Church in Coal City, IN for a Sunday evening service. Monday late morning we will return home to finish packing up the house, and will be moving out on Wednesday, June 16th. On Friday the 18th we will travel south to spend a couple of weeks with both sets of our parents and extended family before we leave the country.

The only thing keeping me sane right now is repeating the verse "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength", and continuing to remind myself to "just do the next thing", and not worry about what needs to happen a few days from now. I continue to methodically go through the rooms in our home and make three piles of things.....either pack for Kenya, pack for US storage, or send to the Grace Christian rummage sale! I'm definitely making headway, but still feel like there is so much to do. As I type this, Mike is going through the closet, packing up all his winter clothes. The kids have also gone through their rooms this weekend, and have made good progress on packing. Unfortunately, Kayla and Ashley have saved out a few too many stuffed animals for Kenya, and they are going to have to make another cut. You'd have thought I asked them to say good-bye to their best friends!

My devotional book, Jesus Calling, had an entry a couple of days ago that seemed to fit where I am right now. Welcome challenging times as opportunities to trust Me. You have Me beside you and My Spirit within you, so no set of circumstances is too much for you to handle. When the path before you is dotted with difficulties, beware of measuring your strength against those challenges. That calculation is certain to riddle you with anxiety. Without Me, you wouldn't make it past the first hurdle! Regardless of the day's problems, I can keep you in perfect peace as you stay close to Me.

As I continue to face these busy, stressful days, I can count on God's strength to see me through. Thanks to all of you who have prayed over us, encouraged us, and affirmed us during another big transition. We are blessed to have you in our lives!

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment